Virtual Farm Visit
What Comes With the Service:
- Pest boss assistant makes 2 trips to field in the July –Early September window
- Does deep dives at 3 specific locations selected by grower and agronomy team looking for:
- Issues below ground (tillage layer, root system issues, etc.)
- Disease pressure (Identify type and quantify amount)
- Insect pressure (Identify type and quantify amount)
- Pictures of any disease, insect, and issues found as well as top, middle, and bottom shots of the plants.
- Scouting for nutrient deficiencies
- Looking at stand issues (Looking for non –uniform plants and diagnosing the cause)
- 1st visit will do a stand count and projected ear count. 2nd visit will have actual ear counts and kernel counts.
- Checking for light hitting the ground and canopy closure.
- Dig a root ball and bring back to the office to wash and
evaluate for feeding
- Splitting plants to check for issues present inside the stalks
- Scouts on path to deep dive sites as well
- Takes geo-tagged pictures and detailed notes which will be reviewed by a CTC agronomist. Report and geo-tagged
pictures will be sent to grower within 48 hours of field visit.
- Can call the office with questions from the report and will get access to the pictures and notes from the visit.
- Will review pictures and information at Yield Mapping time.
- Field must be active and on cycle in the 2-year program and located in Illinois.
- Selected scouting area must have access to a road, lane, or waterway
- Grower will select 60 acres or less of the field that are contiguous for the location of the 3 deep dive sites (More acres and sites can be added for a fee but added acres must be contiguous)
- A single operation can not have more than 10 fields in the program and the program will be capped at 10,000 acres for the first year.