Ken does a special mid-week Boots In The Field Report to prepare farmers for the predicted weather this weekend. He covers why he is concerned and the possible outcomes if the forecast is correct.
JTNDaWZyYW1lJTIwc3JjJTNEJTI3aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZwb2RvbWF0aWMuY29tJTJGZW1iZWQlMkZodG1sNSUyRmVwaXNvZGUlMkY4NzcwMTgxJTNGYXV0b3BsYXklM0R0cnVlJTI3JTIwaGVpZ2h0JTNEJTI3MjA4JTI3JTIwd2lkdGglM0QlMjc3MjglMjdmcmFtZWJvcmRlciUzRCUyNzAlMjclMjBtYXJnaW5oZWlnaHQlM0QlMjcwJTI3JTIwbWFyZ2lud2lkdGglM0QlMjcwJTI3JTIwc2Nyb2xsaW5nJTNEJTI3bm8lMjclMjBhbGxvd2Z1bGxzY3JlZW4lM0UlM0MlMkZpZnJhbWUlM0U= Ken has been getting calls left and right asking “Can we go yet? Can we go yet?.” He tackles that question in this week’s Boots In The Field Report. He also covers what conditions we are waiting for and why early planted beans are no longer an option.
Ken gives a recap of planting progress across our testing area in Illinois. He has received a lot of calls concerning this weekend’s frost and covers what that means for both corn and beans. Ken talks about the added dangers of frosted crops in saturated soil and cautions against applying your post herbicide [...]